[Gmsh] Installing Gmsh 2.6 to openSuSE Linux 12.1

S. Prows s_prows at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 04:51:24 CEST 2012

Please help me with a gmsh installation question: I have downloaded the binary file from the gmsh home page.   When I run gmsh i get the message:
gmsh: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libgmp.so.3 is certainly installed -- entering "whereis libgmp.so.3"  results:
libgmp.so:  /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.10    /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3   /usr/lib64/libgmp.so
Maybe the directory structure of openSuSe is at fault?  Where does gmsh look for the shared libraries?  Is anyone else having this problem?
Thank-you
Stephen