[Gmsh] Installing Gmsh 2.6 to openSuSE Linux 12.1

jean pierre aubry jeanpierre at lamachine.fr
Mon Jul 23 13:46:41 CEST 2012

On 07/21/2012 10:51 AM, S. Prows wrote:
> Please help me with a gmsh installation question: I have downloaded
> the binary file from the gmsh home page. When I run gmsh i get the
> message: gmsh: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3:
> libgmp.so.3 is certainly installed -- entering "whereis libgmp.so.3"
> results:
> libgmp.so: /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.10 /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
> /usr/lib64/libgmp.so
> Maybe the directory structure of openSuSe is at fault? Where does gmsh
> look for the shared libraries? Is anyone else having this problem?
> Thank-you
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Maybe the ld.so.cache is not updated. Try run ldconfig (as root). Check
also the config file (which is usually something like /etc/ld.so.conf.
You can check out the man page of ldconfig).

BTW, it would be nice if i386 binaries of gmsh (and also getdp) can be
provided as well.

Regards,
ST
--

hello

why not going on the SuSE site and install lbgmp3 32 bit
i have just done it, it looks like working ok with Gmsh 2.6.2-svn Build
20120720

jean pierre aubry