[Gmsh] Getting GMsh to ignroe shoreline points

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Wed Aug 8 15:07:42 CEST 2012

2012/8/8 Jiplea, Marius <marius.jiplea11 at imperial.ac.uk>:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much. I was using GMsh 2.5.1 which seemed to segfault. Now I've installed the newest version and it runs very good.
>
> I am still experiencing one more issue with regards to the ids. I need the mesh edges to inherit the ids of the lines of the shores (as it used to). Instead those ids are 0 in the .geo file and absent in the .msh file.

I guess you want to define a Physical Line corresponding to the
Compound Line, just as you have "Physical Surface(5) = {2}",
corresponding to "Compound Surface(2)"?  Actually on inspecting the
mesh file, I do see the edge elements having the Physical id of the
Physical Lines you've defined; e.g. the first element is

1 1 2 1013 3 1 3752

so belongs to Physical Line 1013.  (Is that what you're after?)  It
sounds like you .msh file still doesn't quite match mine, though I
produced mine from your ukmesh.geo without modification?