[Gmsh] Step files and mesh size

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Sep 18 11:49:46 CEST 2012

2012/9/18 Alessandro Vicini <a.vicini at alta-space.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> when I generate a geometry inside Gmsh I control the mesh size through the
> reference length assigned at each point.
> If I import the geometry from a step files, is there a way to:
>
> 1) assign a general value for the reference length;

I use the "-clscale" command line argument for setting the general
value for the reference length when merging geometry from a STEP file.

  http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#index-g_t_002dclscale-float-36

> 2) assign a value of the reference length to the points in the step file
> geometry?

I'm not sure about this one, but there are still the general
techniques for specifying mesh element sizes.

  http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Specifying-mesh-element-sizes

--
G. D. McBain

Chercheur
Institut Jean le Rond d'Alembert - http://www.dalembert.upmc.fr

Theory of Lift - Introductory Computational Aerodynamics in MATLAB/Octave
Out now - http://www.wileyeurope.com/remtitle.cgi?111995228X