[Gmsh] Help to use Gmsh for BEM

Alexander Kalinin alec.kalinin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:51:32 CEST 2012

Hello Jose,

I also use Gmsh as a mesh generator for the 3D BEM method. I use Gmsh as:
(1) surface modeling tool and (2) 3D surface mesh generator.

I my software I also use discontinues elements in two ways: (1)
Geometrically BEM node is the same as mesh node, but functionally they are
the different nodes.  I use this approach when I treat the normals
direction in the corner. (2) BEM node geometrically shifted into the
element.

But I don't use Gmsh for such nodes generation. I working only with
resulting 3D mesh and use local coordinates bases. For example, when I use
the shifted nodes for each element I set the shifted BEM nodes local
coordinates as (0.75, 1.0, 1.0), (1.0, 0.75, 1.0), (1.0, 1.0, 0.75).

Sincerely,
Alexander Kalinin