[Gmsh] discontinuity, 2d mesh, frontal

Shinjiro Miyawaki miyashin_hm at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:18:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

Has anyone seen the mesh discontinuity between two surfaces shown in the attached picture, i.e., two triangles on the blue surface are connected to one triangle on the adjacent green surface? I've used the following option to generate the surface mesh with Gmsh 2.5.0 on Linux:

Mesh.Algorithm = 6;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthExtendFromBoundary = 1;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromPoints = 1;

As you can also see in the picture, some triangles on the green surface are large for some reason. These surfaces are actually internal surfaces between two volumes (the other volume is not shown), but I'm not sure if that matters at all because Frontal works for other similar internal surfaces.

For this specific case, when I use MeshAdapt (Mesh.Algorithm = 1) instead of Frontal (Mesh.Algorithm = 6), I don't have this problem.

For this geometry, Frontal generates higher quality mesh, so I would appreciate if you could give me any comments.

Regards,
Shin