[Gmsh] Help request

giuseppe_grasso.ee at libero.it giuseppe_grasso.ee at libero.it
Mon Oct 15 12:08:18 CEST 2012

Dear Sirs,I am an Electronics Engineer and I am collaborating with the Photonic Research Group of the Polytechnic Institute of Bari (Italy).I began the study of simulation of solar cells and I obtained a structure of a cell with quantum dot using Gmsh,  working on Windows 7, 32 bit platform; please find the file attached.
I proceeded following your examples but I have a problem with the mesh generation. In order to obtaining the mesh, I get the following error:'Self  intersecting surface mesh, computing intersections (this could take a while)'. By examining the mesh obtained it seems that the mesh is generated only for surfaces and not for volumes.Could you tell me some suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Waiting for a kind reply, I send you best regards.Eng. Giuseppe Grasso