[Gmsh] 3d Meshing Issue

courtney gras cag35 at zips.uakron.edu
Tue Oct 23 20:42:49 CEST 2012

To Whom it May Concern,

I am attempting to mesh a rather complex geometry representative of a 3/0
AWG copper wire. I have a .step file (attached) for this geometry. When I
attempt to mesh this geometry and open it in Elmer (for additional
analysis), I noticed that the mesh has " 0 volume elements".

Would you be able to assist with this issue? I'm thinking I may not have
the correct options setup for meshing a geometry such as this.

 I should point out that I am not very experienced with finite element
analysis, as this is my first attempt at using software such as gmsh and
elmer.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,
--