[Gmsh] Naca0012 airfoil mesh: structured and unstructured mesh

Marie-Claire Le Pape Marie-Claire.Le_Pape at onera.fr
Thu Nov 29 10:53:19 CET 2012

Le 28/11/2012 19:02, Anca Belme a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am quite new to gmsh, still in the learning process, so probably most of you have already done a simple mesh of naca airfoil.
> My trouble is that I have the .geo file, BUT I want to create structured mesh in the boundary layer and unstructured elsewhere and I have no ideea how to do this with gmsh. I looked for documentation on internet but couldn't find an explanation.
>
> A hint will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you all,
>

> Anca Belme (Carabias)
> Maitre de Conferences
> Universite Pierre et Marie Curie
> Institut Jean le Rond d'Alembert
> T 55-65, Bureau 424, Case 162
> 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05
> belme at dalembert.upmc.fr

Hello,

Try with this .geo file :
read it with gmsh, mesh it in 2d, save it in a .msh file, and save it in
a .p3d file.
The 4 structured parts are saved in the .p3d file.
In the .msh file, you have both the unstructured part and the 4
structured parts but considered as if they were unstructured.

Marie-Claire Le Pape
Onera