[Gmsh] Compilation error

Gustavo Aparecido Pimentel gustap at ipt.br
Mon Dec 3 15:06:15 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm a gmsh's new user and I've had some problems with gmsh's compilation. My SO is Linux Ubuntu 12.10 (64bit). And the compilation error follows:

The first command typed was "cmake ."

agentil at SAUTER:~/gmsh-2.6.1-source/build$ cmake .
-- Found Have64BitSizeT
-- A library with BLAS API found.
-- Found Blas
-- A library with BLAS API found.
-- A library with LAPACK API found.
-- Found Lapack
-- Found Mesh
-- Found Solver
-- Found Post
-- Found Plugins
-- Found Parser
-- Found Fltk
-- Using fltk-config script for Fltk 1.3
-- Found NativeFileChooser
-- Found FlTree
-- Found Jpeg(Fltk)
-- Found Zlib(Fltk)
-- Found Png(Fltk)
-- Found Mpeg
-- Found OpenGL
-- System ANN not found - using contrib/ANN instead
-- Found Ann
-- Found Bfgs
-- Found DIntegration
-- Found OptHom
-- Found MathEx
-- Found Metis
WARNING: By including Metis you have to comply with Metis' special licensing requirements stated in contrib/Metis/README.txt.
-- Found Chaco
-- Found RTree
-- Found Voro3D
-- Found Blossom
-- Found Netgen
-- Found Bamg
-- System MMG3D not found - using contrib/mmg3d instead
-- Found Mmg3d
-- Found Tetgen(1.5)
WARNING: By including Tetgen you have to comply with Tetgen's special licensing requirements stated in contrib/Tetgen*/LICENSE.
-- System GMM not found - using contrib/gmm instead
-- Found Gmm
-- Found PETSc
-- OCC lib TKSTEP not Found
-- OCC lib TKSTEP209 not Found
-- OCC lib TKSTEPAttr not Found
-- OCC lib TKSTEPBase not Found
-- OCC lib TKIGES not Found
-- OCC lib TKXSBase not Found
-- OCC lib TKOffset not Found
-- OCC lib TKFeat not Found
-- OCC lib TKFillet not Found
-- OCC lib TKBool not Found
-- OCC lib TKShHealing not Found
-- OCC lib TKMesh not Found
-- OCC lib TKHLR not Found
-- OCC lib TKBO not Found
-- OCC lib TKPrim not Found
-- OCC lib TKTopAlgo not Found
-- OCC lib TKGeomAlgo not Found
-- OCC lib TKBRep not Found
-- OCC lib TKGeomBase not Found
-- OCC lib TKG3d not Found
-- OCC lib TKG2d not Found
-- OCC lib TKAdvTools not Found
-- OCC lib TKMath not Found
-- OCC lib TKernel not Found
-- Found OneLab
-- Found Dlopen
-- Could NOT find SWIG (missing:  SWIG_EXECUTABLE SWIG_DIR)
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing:  PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)

Gmsh 2.6.1 has been configured for Linux with the following options: Ann Bamg Bfgs Blas Blossom Chaco DIntegration Dlopen FlTree Fltk Gmm Have64BitSizeT Jpeg(Fltk) Lapack MathEx Mesh Metis Mmg3d Mpeg NativeFileChooser Netgen OneLab OpenGL OptHom PETSc Parser Plugins Png(Fltk) Post RTree Solver Tetgen(1.5) Voro3D Zlib(Fltk)

C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
C++ compiler: /usr/bin/c++
Build type: RelWithDebInfo
Install prefix: /usr/local

Run 'ccmake /home/agentil/gmsh-2.6.1-source' to fine-tune the configuration.

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
PETSC_LIBS
    linked by target "gmsh" in directory /home/agentil/gmsh-2.6.1-source
    linked by target "shared" in directory /home/agentil/gmsh-2.6.1-source

I realy don't know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards!

Gustavo Aparecido Pimentel
CINTEQ – Centro de Integridade de Estruturas e Equipamentos
LEO - Laboratório de Equipamentos Elétricos e Ópticos
Fone: +55 (11) 3767-4605 (Brasil)
www.ipt.br