[Gmsh] Possible bugs with wrap filter

Mohamed Moussa mohamed.moussa89 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:29:28 CET 2012

Hey,

Firstly let me describe my goal. I have a model with beam elements
(4-node line elements) that have displacement and stress views. The
stress views are scalars, not tensors.

I would like to view these stress views on the displaced model. I
thought I could use 'General Transformation Expressions' on the stress
view (using my displacement view as the data source), but this
produces very strange results when I also tick 'Adapt Visualization
Grid' (I want to see the curved shape of the element). These two
options do not work together.

So I had another idea where I would use the 'wrap' filter directly on
the stress view, using the displacement view as the source. This
doesn't look as strange with 'Adapt Visualization Grid' enabled, but
it still is clearly incorrect. I think what the 'wrap' filter is doing
is that it is only transforming the first 2 nodes of the four-node
element, and not the two inner nodes. This mean the interpolation is
done incorrectly.

Is this a known bug, and are there any other alternatives I could try?

Regards,

Mohamed