[Gmsh] Gmsh not saving Mesh to file

Mark Schroeder perficiomicro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:34:31 CET 2012

Hi,

I have used Gmsh a lot and have not had the strange problem I have seen
recently.  This new problem occurs with 3D geometry, where a mesh is
finished and appears on the screen, but saving the mesh results in a *.msh
file with less than 1 KB in it.  In the results *.msh file is only '$Nodes'
followed by a 0, and likewise in '$Elements'.  I cannot, so far, find any
difference in the older files (some 3D) that appear to save just fine.
Please let me know if you have seen any problems like this before and
whether you know of a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Schroeder