[Gmsh] Question about GMSH

Jacques Blain jblain at tecnar.com
Thu Jan 10 20:55:57 CET 2013

Hello,

I have successfully downloaded the trunk source to my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
system.

I have also successfully complied and installed your software to the ~/
directory

Your user manual states that :

3.1 Interactive mode
To launch Gmsh in interactive mode, just double-click on the Gmsh icon, or
type
> gmsh
at your shell prompt in a terminal. This will open two windows: the graphic
window (with
a status bar at the bottom) and the menu window (with a menu bar and some
context-
dependent buttons).

However, in my case, when I type

gmsh

I get a listing of all the available command line options, but the program
does not start and I do not get an interactive window. As your software
been tested in Ubuntu 12.04 (Unity) 64 bits ?

regards

Jacques Blain
VP Systems and technologies
www.tecnar.com