[Gmsh] unexpected behavior in Surface creation

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 02:06:17 CET 2013

Hi,

    I am attempting to create a simple airfoil model with specified surface point locations. The script is attached.

    The script first creates the airfoil surface as a spline, and then the outer analysis boundary. Then, the surface is specified using the outer line loop followed by the inner line loop to designate the hole.

     The problem is that this is not creating a consistent planar surface, which leads to failure of the meshing procedure.

     It is likely that I am making inappropriate use of one of the functions, but I am unable to figure that out. I would appreciate if someone could point it out for me.

Thanks,
Manav