[Gmsh] gmsh.py for blender

Roman Putanowicz putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl
Fri Mar 8 00:21:53 CET 2013

> Dear gmsh/getsp community,
> A blender-module for exporting meshes fruom blender to geo-format is attached to
Dear Tobias,

Great work -- it has saved me couple of hours of work :). There is a minor problem
of undefined mshSize variable but it can be easily fixed. I can confirm
this script also works for blender 2.65

It have used blender couple of times to semi-automate cleaning of surface
meshes and I think blender has some potential as a mesh preprocessing/modification
tool (especially if one adds new blender window related to mesh generation only).
Two of my students have even written their diploma work about interfacing blender
with mesh generators (unfortunately in Polish).

If there are others interested in investigating "blender direction" then I would
be happy to get in touch to discuss things and maybe do some project.

As this list is related to gmsh it will be in place to establish another forum
-- I can host a mailing list or Trac managed repository or we can use some
public services for that. If anyone is interested then please drop me a message
on my private address.

Regards

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)