[Gmsh] API: Intersection + physical groups

Albert Ziegenhagel aziegenhagel at web.de
Thu Mar 21 10:54:55 CET 2013

Hi,

I need to cut out a part of a CAD geometry (stored in a GModel object) and preserve the physical groups in it.

So what I have is a first CAD geometry that has physical groups set on it (e.g. the whole surface is one group and the whole volume is another).
Then I have a second geometry that is always a simple box without any physical groups on it.
Now I want to get the part of the first geometry, that intersects the second one but includes the (parts) of the physical groups as well.

I tried to use the computeBoolenIntersection method provided by the GModel class, but it seems to discard the physical groups. The resulting geometry allways comes without any physical groups set.

I'm I missing anything? Is this simply not implemented or is it a bug?
If it is not implement: could there by any other way to achieve the things I need?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Regards,
Albert