[Gmsh] 2D meshing issue with the new gmsh (2.7.1)

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Mon Apr 29 12:27:52 CEST 2013

With my up-to-date version, I still get the smooth result when the I let Gmsh to choose the mesh.
You can e.g. force it in your .geo file:

Mesh.Algorithm = 2;
// 2D mesh algorithm (1=MeshAdapt, 2=Automatic, 5=Delaunay, 6=Frontal, 7=bamg, 8=delquad)

I get the second mesh when forcing algorithm 1, MeshAdapt.
The result you are getting is probably normal.

Regards,
Ruth