[Gmsh] Runtime crash and Display nodedata with few nodes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Jun 23 08:58:56 CEST 2013

On 21 Jun 2013, at 18:38, corra85 at tiscali.it wrote:

> Dear all,
> I created the file attached according to the msh2 file
> format. I obtain a Runtime error while trying opening it. Is there a
> limit on the number of nodedata?

There is no limit. The problem here is that your vertex tags (e.g. 11010101, 41040419, ...) span a very large interval. This is not an issue for the actual mesh, but it is for the NodeData. For efficiency reasons, NodeDatas use directly vectors (not maps or hash maps) indexed with the vertex tags. With your tagging this leads to the creation of huge vectors--mostly empty.

Simply tag your vertices with consecutive tags starting at 1 and you will be fine.

I will add a note about this in the documentation.