[Gmsh] GMSH 3D mesh generation fails

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Wed Jun 26 13:36:53 CEST 2013

Hi Ivan,

as pointed out by Mikhail yesterday (look at the fixed geo file in his mail, see attachment), the problem comes from duplicated lines. Your surfaces don't overlap, but the lines do. gmsh will generate different 1D meshes on the lines resulting in a nonconformal 2D mesh (i.e. nodes are not identical on identical lines) which will be detected as overlapping when gmsh tries to make a 3D mesh. So the solution is to have unique lines without overlaps between the surfaces. AFAIK gmsh cannot resolve and heal those overlaps automagically.

HTH,

Matthias

ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede
Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137