[Gmsh] Gmsh 2.7.1 -- Embedding line in surface issue

Omid Mahabadi omid.mahabadi at geomechanica.com
Thu Jul 4 22:23:35 CEST 2013

I've found a workaround for this problem for now. I've shifted the lines
to be embedded by a small amount (slightly smaller than the
characteristic length) so they won't touch the surface boundaries. It
was also important for me to have the first element that is in contact
with the surface boundaries to be aligned with the embedded lines. To
ensure this, you can slightly change the location of the lines and/or
characteristic lengths so that the projection of the line (previous
contact point) coincides with a mesh node.

--
Omid Mahabadi
Geomechanica, Inc.