[Gmsh] Anisiotropic mesh in stacked layers

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Wed Jul 10 17:08:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to mesh a geometry with layers stacked in z direction, where each layer should have a mesh width in the xy plane, and a different one in z direction. I have tried to combine the Box, Min and MathEval Aniso fields to achieve this (see attachment). But the mesh widths are not as I expect, in particular in layer 2 in z direction it should be 1/20 its height. What do I do wrong?
How is the mesh width derived from the m11, m22 and m33 fields in MathEvalAniso?

Thanks for some explanations and hints,

Matthias

ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede
Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137