[Gmsh] IF you release gmsh-dep-msvc2010-release

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jul 11 10:43:12 CEST 2013

On 11 Jul 2013, at 08:20, jyqxp <jyqxp at 126.com> wrote:

> Sir!
>  When I compile gmsh2.8 with  vs2010,"med.h" and med.lib are needed ,but I cannot find them,
> why do you release  gmsh-dep-msvc2010-release?

Do you really need to recompile the code? There are binary builds of the library at http://geuz.org/gmsh/bin/Windows/ ...

(Also, do you really need MED support?)

Since we don't develop with Visual Studio (we use the free GNU/mingw compilers), we cannot maintain a list of all possible precompiled dependencies with this compiler. If you need some of these dependencies (FLTK, OpenCASCADE, MED, PETSc, ...) you will have to build them yourself. I would of course be happy to make the set of libraries available on the web site if somebody generates them.