[Gmsh] Transfinite meshing and Smoothing in multiblock geometry

Felix Salazar felix.a.salazar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 21:26:31 CEST 2013

I have a cylindrical geometry that was split into 5 subvolumes to build an
O-grid structured mesh.

>From the GMSH FAQ:
7. Did you remove the elliptic mesh generator in Gmsh 2.0?
Yes. You can achieve the same result by using the transfinite algorithm
with smoothing (e.g., with Mesh.Smoothing = 10).

That's exactly what I'm trying (I'm using Mesh.Smoothing = 100), but the
mesh does not change after the smoothing. Particularly, the position of the
nodes in the internal square block of the O-grid always remain on the face
of the block, created a distortion in its corner (in red on the image)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16040775/o-grid.jpg

Is there any way to apply the smoothing to these nodes in a multiblock mesh?

Thanks in advance,
*Félix Salazar*
felix.a.salazar at gmail.com