[Gmsh] gmsh Digest, Vol 127, Issue 27

Mikhail Artemiev artemiev.mikhail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 05:33:15 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

I haven't considered your problem very carefully, but what I would like to
say about compound lines is that once I tried to overcome the problem of
describing ruled surface by more than 4 lines (as you know ruled surface
should be described by line loop consisting of 3 or 4 lines) using compound
lines. I defined 4 compound lines. Each one consisted of several elementary
lines. This trick failed, and what I understood is that compound lines were
designed not for describing geometry entities but only to improve mesh
quality where it's possible.
Therefore looking at the line of your code where you define a line loop
consisting of compound lines, I am starting to think that there is
something wrong there.
Please correct me if my understanding of the idea of compound lines is
wrong.

Best,
Mikhail