[Gmsh] gmsh API - cont.

Roman Putanowicz putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl
Fri Sep 27 04:33:45 CEST 2013

Dear All,

Reading a bit of gmsh source code I managed to make quick and dirty
implementation of a program that builds geometric domain for a square
and then meshes it. If someone is interested then the code
is here:
http://www.l5.pk.edu.pl/~putanowr/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=en:projects:meshtools:gmsh:squaremesh.tar.gz
As I understand the classes as GVertex, GEdge, GFace and GRegion are the
abstract bases for proxy classes that provide access to the geometric model.
And this explain the role of gmshVertex and other similar classes -- they
provide access to the internal geometric model of gmsh application.

The above mentioned example is a shortcut -- the geometric data is not
stored in any concrete model but directly in the proxy classes like
myVertex, myEdge and so on.

The whole point of this exercise is to pave a path to interface
gmsh with B-Rep objects from openNURBS library.
Please let me know is someone is interested in such merging or if
it has been already done.

With regards,

Roman

--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)