[Gmsh] Integer flag to .msh elements

Umberto Iemma umberto.iemma at uniroma3.it
Thu Oct 24 11:57:15 CEST 2013

First, I'd like to thank the authors for the wonderful work they are doing !
Gmsh is one of the most useful free technical tools ever!
Thanks!

After this, I have a question.

It is possible to include in the .msh file a integer flag to each element ?
I need this to specify particular physical properties of the boundary.

I'm the coordinator of the open-source project AcouSTO http://acousto.sourceforge.net, a tool
for acoustic simulation. I'm going to release soon version 1.6 including the possibility to read Gmsh files.
Everything is working fine and the release candidate could be issued now, but this additional possibility
would broaden significantly the field of application.

Thanks in advance,
Umberto

   Prof. Umberto IEMMA
   Associate Professor of Aerospace Structures and Design
   Dip. di Ingegneria - Universita' Roma Tre
   via Vito Volterra 62, 00146 Roma
   tel. +39-0657333274 fax  +39-065593732
   www   : http://acousto.sourceforge.net