[Gmsh] Stress distribution plot within quadrilateral element

Marios Papadopoulos mariospapa2008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 18:55:31 CEST 2013

>From a stress analysis of a 2D structure, discritized by quadrilateral
finite elements, we have all the stress values (for each component of sxx,
syy, sxy) in every gauss point on each quadrilateral element of the mesh.
Suppose we have a 2x2 integration rule (i.e. 4 values in total for each
component in each quadrilateral element). How can we plot in gmsh, the
stress distribution over the element for each stress component, let's say
sxx?
I know about .pos file and Scalar quadrangle (SQ), Vector quadrangle (VQ)
and Tensor quadrangle (TQ) object types but I can't find the relationship
with sxx, syy, sxy.

Thanks in advance!