[Gmsh] Surface mesh contains ugly elements

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 30 14:15:08 CET 2013

Hi Martin - Indeed, Gmsh still has trouble with parametrization of surfaces bounded by splines when the control points are not sufficiently regularly spaced. Attached is one possible solution; another would be to set more equispaced control points; yet another (but that would be a bit overkill...) would be to reparametrize the surface using a Compound.

PS: this is indeed the same problem as reported by Robert in bug#184. We are working on it...