[Gmsh] Nodes information on boundary surface.

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Fri Nov 15 23:05:33 CET 2013

Le 16 nov. 2013 02:22, "Xie Longtao" <xie at bauwesen.uni-siegen.de> a écrit :

> Hello everyone.
>
> How can I find all the nodes in a specific surface?
>
> Although this information is included in the Element Section in .MSH
file,
> It is not easy to figure it out for me. Is there any solutions?
>
> As boundary conditions are essential in finite element method, it is very
helpful to give
> the nodes information in boundary surfaces.

Hello.  Boundary conditions in the finite element method are conventionally
imposed on boundary elements rather than directly on the nodes constituting
them.  This is straightforward for natural conditions but can also be
applied to essential conditions by penalization.
   The idea in Gmsh is to tag the required boundary elements as parts of a
Physical Surface (or Physical Line for two-dimensional work); this tag
shows up in the list of Elements in the .msh file.