[Gmsh] volume within a volume 3d mesh

Eggleston, Richard (2011) Richard.Eggleston.2011 at live.rhul.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 17:47:29 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to produce a script to generate geometry containing multiple volumes within volumes to then pass to ElmerFEM for an electrostatic simulation which will then be passed to Garfield for tracking. To test the implementation, I'm using a simple box within a box. I have successfully created this geometry and meshed and run it through Elmer with no errors along the way, but the electric field is not generated. I have made the geometry using my script and by using the guy and neither way has worked. I know this is possible due to there being an example on the Garfieldpp website and the script that is given there. No matter what I do though, it doesn't seem to work. I appreciate that whatever is going wrong could be going wrong at any point along the software line but I'm fairly confident it's to do with the mesh as I have previously made meshes via cad and then converting with no problem. Are you able to advise what might be going wrong? Is there some part I'm missing? I've attached the .geo files that I've made in my script and the one made in the gui. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Richard Eggleston