[Gmsh] updating gmsh

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 09:28:31 CET 2013

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 07:06 AM, michele cavalerin wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I installed gmsh on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS by typing sudo apt-get install gmsh.
>
> It worked, but I installed version 2.5.1. I tried to use 'svn update '
> to update to latest version, but I'm missing something in the procedure:
> probably I'm doing it in a wrong way..

Doing 'svn update' only updates the development src already checked out.
You will have to compile it.

> Is there a way to update the current version?

For the official ubuntu version, you may have to wait for the package
maintainer to updates it and upload it to the repository, which may or
may not happen. Maybe you can file a bug report to make a request.

There're links to compiled binaries on the gmsh home page if you want
them. Look for "current stable release". You may have to uninstall the
ubuntu package to avoid calling the old version instead.

Regards,
ST