[Gmsh] Calculating rotor bar currents

FIXED-TERM Chandran Aravind (GS-EH/PJ-EM2) fixed-term.Aravind.Chandran at de.bosch.com
Wed Jan 22 10:53:46 CET 2014

Hello all ,

I have a 2D FEM model for a induction machine. I have the solution of this model loaded onto GMSH. In this solution I have the current densities in each rotor slot which can be seen from the figure attached.

Is there a way to integrate the current densities in the rotor slots , so that I can extract current in each rotor bar ?
I found a plug-in called integrate in the post processing, but as I try to cut the mesh using Cutmesh , I am getting the same value of current regardless of the rotor slot I am choosing.

In short I need  a way to narrow down my geometry to each rotor slot and calculate the current in each slot, integrating the current density in them.

Thanking you in advance.

Warm Regards
Aravind