[Gmsh] Calculation of rotor currents

Aravind Chandran chandran.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:26:28 CET 2014

Hello all ,

I have a 2D FEM model for a induction machine. I have the solution of this
model loaded onto GMSH. In this solution I have the current densities in
each rotor slot which varies radially as you go outwards.

Is there a way to integrate the current densities in the rotor slots , so
that I can extract current in each rotor bar ?

I found a plug-in called integrate in the post processing, but as I try to
cut the mesh using Cutmesh , I am getting the same value of current
regardless of the rotor slot I am choosing.

 In short I need  a way to narrow down my geometry to each rotor slot and
calculate the current in each slot, integrating the current density in
them.

Thanking you in advance.

Warm Regards

Aravind