[Gmsh] physical surface and mesh inside

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Fri Mar 14 09:57:33 CET 2014

Hi Xuemin,

brief answer:

Close the ends of your tubing and define a volume using this closed surface.
You can do that either in Solidworks or in gmsh. To do it in gmsh, you will need to write a geo file starting with a merge command for your iges file. See gmsh documentation for more info.
Then you can do the 3D meshing with gmsh.
For physical surfaces, you can add a command to your geo file, see gmsh documentation.

HTH,

Matthias