[Gmsh] Structured mesh, fixe the mesh size at the end of a line

Gaspard Fourestier gaspard.fourestier at geps-techno.com
Wed Mar 26 10:41:04 CET 2014

Hi,

I am new to gmsh. And I am constructing a structured mesh for example a
cube. I found the transfinite algorithm and the extrude function.

I would like to make a progression of the mesh size over a line. I found the
Progression and the Bump option of transfinite.

But I would like to do it fixing the mesh size at the end of the line (and
if it's possible fixe a different mesh size at each end)

Does this functionality exist in gmsh ? How can I do it ?

Moreover, is it possible to make a progression of the mesh size using the
Extrude functionality?

Thanks for your answers

Best regards

Gaspard Fourestier