[Gmsh] Does gmsh require any PETSc external packages?

Geoff Oxberry goxberry at gmail.com
Mon May 12 07:16:26 CEST 2014

Christophe,

To pick up from our last exchange, I've submitted a formula to the Homebrew
package manager for OS X that will build gmsh. So far, gmsh builds and
installs successfully.

To achieve a successful build on my system, I disabled linking with PETSc
and SLEPc; linking with PETSc was causing me trouble. There has been a
request to add PETSc functionality to the formula I've submitted.

Before I start work on that, does gmsh require that any PETSc external
packages are installed? (For instance, METIS, ParMETIS, SuperLU_Dist, etc.)
Knowing the dependencies explicitly will help me figure out if I also have
to modify the Homebrew formula for PETSc.

Cheers,

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Oxberry, Ph.D., E.I.T.