[Gmsh] How to set global random number seed in Gmsh?

David Bernstein david at terafrac.org
Thu May 22 23:29:39 CEST 2014

Hi Everyone, I’m using Gmsh as a backend mesh generator in a project and it’s been working very well so far.  One issue that we’ve encountered is reproducing a problem from a given set of simulation input parameters because Gmsh produces a different mesh every time it’s run with the same input.

I’ve looked through the documentation and have not been able to find a way to set a random number seed so that the same mesh is produced every time for a given input .geo file.  If anyone knows a way to do this please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave