[Gmsh] Gmsh 2.8.3 shut down after 1sec.

Norbert Guérard fb379110 at skynet.be
Thu May 29 11:23:33 CEST 2014

Hi Mikhael,

Thank you for the answer.

.gmshrc is edited with Nautilus (and Ctrl+H) to disable the five
parameters (with // at the beginning of each sentence).

Unfortunately, gmsh still crashes after about 1 sec.
When I start it with the terminal, the message is:

norbert at norbert-laptop:~$ /opt/aster/public/gmsh-2.8.3-Linux/bin/gmsh
XRequest.153: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
0x4000004
XRequest.153: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
0x4000004
XRequest.153: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
0x4000004
Insufficient GL support
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
norbert at norbert-laptop:~$

The first 5 error messages are not there anymore, but there is an other
problem.
When I type glxgears in the terminal, the answer is:

norbert at norbert-laptop:~$ glxgears
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
   Serial number of failed request:  12

How to correct "X Error of failed request: BadRequest" ?

Best regards,
Norbert