[Gmsh] Problems with gmsh

Ashley Samuel asamuel at scarletmail.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 25 13:13:19 CEST 2014

Hello,

     I am a Rutgers PhD student and I am trying to learn how to use gmsh for
the first time.  After creating a point in gmsh, I save the file and click
on edit file and a blank version of notepad opens up.  I have to actually
navigate through notepad to find the file I saved, and even then, it does
not have the header with the date and time the file was created.  It just
has the following information:

(Note: I went to optionsà advancedà text editor and entered in the path to
my notepad application, in other words C:\Windows\notepad.exe.  Am I
supposed to enter in something else?  When a blank notepad opens, I go to
notepadà open file and open the .geo file which reads:))

 Point(1) = {0, 0, 0, 0.4};

As you can see, it has no header with the date and time.  I don’t know if I
am doing something wrong, or if it is a bug with the gmsh program.  Is there
an older version of gmsh available for me to download?  Thank you.

Ashley Samuel

PhD Student

Rutgers-Newark University

101 Warren Street