[Gmsh] Identifying nodes on boundaries and their order

Melanie Roberts melanie.roberts at au1.ibm.com
Mon Sep 22 01:44:40 CEST 2014

Thanks Oliver for the solution, and taking the time to explain how the
earlier does answer my problem.  Much appreciated!

Melanie

From:   Oliver <oliver.willekens at gmail.com>
To:     Melanie Roberts/Australia/IBM at IBMAU
Cc:     gmsh at geuz.org
Date:   21/09/14 12:55 AM
Subject:        Re: [Gmsh] Identifying nodes on boundaries and their order

Actually, that solution does solve your problem. Gmsh by itself does not
have that functionality, but it does provide the facilities with which you
could extract those things easily (post-processing the generated mesh).
Just label the boundaries as 'Physical Line' (in your case, for others it
might be Physical Surfaces). Then, when the mesh is generated, extract all
lines that have the id you assigned to this collection of physical lines.
You'll end up with a list of all the boundary nodes.
Not sure what the program you're using means by "list in order", so I
can't help you there.
Kind regards,
Oliver.
Op 20 sep. 2014 11:31 schreef "Melanie Roberts" <
melanie.roberts at au1.ibm.com> het volgende:
Hi,

In order to use my gMSh generated mesh in another program I need to list,
in order, the nodes that make up the various boundaries of the domain - is
there a way to do this in gMSh?

as an example, I have the mesh

and want to be able to extract that one boundary segment is 1 - 8 - 2 -3,
a second is 3-4-5, a third 5 - 6 - 7 and the final 7 - 9 - 1.  If I were
to have a single list that loops around the entire shape I can manually
split into the various segments without any problem.

I found this http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2014/009188.html in the
archive - but I do not think this answer my problem

Thanks

Melanie