[Gmsh] Overlapping nodes.

Mikhail Artemyev artemiev.mikhail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:23:40 CEST 2014

Hi Arijit Khan,

You have duplicated mesh nodes, because your surfaces are not
conforming, i.e. their boundaries are different but overlapping lines
(look at the attached picture: the lines 4 and 13 (black numbers)
overlap each other, but they are different lines, therefore the mesh
nodes on them will be different). The solutions are:
1. Get rid of overlapping lines in your .geo file. For example, you can
include the node 4 (red number) of the line 13 in the line 4 (so that
the line 4 will consist of two lines).
2. Read the mesh nodes in your code and get rid of duplicated ones,
while renumerating them with the existing numbers.
3. Maybe there is a Gmsh plugin performing the second approach. But I'm
not sure.

Best,
Mikhail