[Gmsh] Setting random seed in geo file

David Bernstein David.Bernstein at meliorinnovations.com
Sun Nov 2 01:44:36 CET 2014

Sorry, I missed this post back in May.  What is the geo file command to set the global random number seed?

Thanks,
Dave

Hello,

This issue has been fixed in the last versions. What is the version you are using ?

JFR
Le 22 mai 2014 à 23:29, David Bernstein <david at terafrac.org<http://www.geuz.org/mailman/listinfo/gmsh>> a écrit :

> Hi Everyone, I’m using Gmsh as a backend mesh generator in a project and it’s been working very well so far.  One issue that we’ve encountered is reproducing a problem from a given set of simulation input parameters because Gmsh produces a different mesh every time it’s run with the same input.
>
> I’ve looked through the documentation and have not been able to find a way to set a random number seed so that the same mesh is produced every time for a given input .geo file.  If anyone knows a way to do this please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and may be legally privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the original sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the telephone number provided above and delete/trash the original message from your system. Thank you for your assistance. The information contained herein is confidential information provided only for the use of the individual or entity for whom it was intended. If the reader of this message received it in error, is not the intended recipient, or if an attachment is made in error, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.