[Gmsh] Surface tagging

Filippo Gatti gatti.flpp.ecp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:30:30 CET 2014

Dear all,

My question is about tagging surfaces in gmsh.

I am concerning how to tag geometric surfaces (mesh elements) and get
that tag on the final .unv file. Within the .unv file, I have noticed
that under the tag "2412" (for element definitions) each surface is
reported with the list of nodes belonging to it.

  2412
        33        94         1         0         7         4
                  4         3         2

Below it, under the tag "2477" "Physical Surface" are stored, each one
followed by containing all the infos concerning the geometric surface
elements belonging to it.

    -1
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0         1
PhysicalSurface0
         8        33         0         0

I would like to define a common tag for all the surface elements
belonging to a specific physical surfaces. The first thing i have
thought is to tag each surface element which belongs to a specific
physical surface with a common color: unfortunately i don't get any
changes in the final unv file (i.e. section 2412 doesn't change, even
though tag 7 in the second line should change accordingly to the
selected color. I was wondering if there is an effective way to select
a physical surface tag, which will be then assigned to all the
geometry surface elements belonging to it.

Thanks in advance

--
*Filippo Gatti*
PhD Student