[Gmsh] GMSH renumbers elemntaty tags on reload

Mark Smith piedycat at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 15:36:26 CET 2015

 Gmsh version 2.8.5
Hi, I load a step file generated in solidworks saved in AP203 or AP214 format and load in into GMSH using a .geo file with the following lines
// in gmsh options-geometry make sure the "cut and merge faces" is checked
// to remove duplicate entities on import of STEP fileMerge "file.STEP";
Geometry.AutoCoherence = 1;
Coherence;
in the options:geometry I get the model to display the surface labels with their elementary tags number, if I hit reload the tag numbers change this make defining physical surfaces impossible since the surfaces shown in the surface physical groups keep changing;-(I have not had this behaviour before and at this moment it is a show stopper, is there a way of preventing this behaviour?
Thanks in advanceMark