[Gmsh] Correct .geo file ... but self-intersections in surfaces for 3D mesh ?!?

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 00:13:35 CEST 2015

Hi GMSH users,

I have a problem with a .geo file (which is attached). The geometry is composed of a parallelepiped without a cylinder. As you can see, the cylinder is represented by small triangular faces, since they are the results of finite element calculations, during which the cylinder moves in time.
I can read the file without problem, but when I generate the 3D mesh, it keeps telling me that there are self-intersections in the surface mesh ... How come? All the surfaces are enumerated only once.
Could someone have a look at my file? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and congratulations for the amazing mesh generator :)
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk