[Gmsh] STEP to Nastran BDF

iCy-fLaME icy.flame.gm at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:03:56 CEST 2015

Hello,

Complete novice to gmsh here, not even sure if I am doing this the right
way, I am hoping someone here will be able to point me the right direction.

What I have, is a number of Solidworks drawings, I can save them as STEP
files, and I was able to load the CAD drawing into gmsh in gui.

What I want, is to have a simple uniform mesh of cubic elements through out
the model, including the empty space, and save it as Nastran BDF file. I
have a solver for the job, and been that will take Nastran files.

Is gmsh the right tool for the job? If so, I would very much appreciate
some advice on what might be the best way to go about it.

Thanks!

Regards,

icy