[Gmsh] Gmsh : How can I be sure of preserving the physical groups in the mesh file while merging different mesh file

Sumeet Kumar Sinha skssinha at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 26 19:18:37 CEST 2015

Prof Geuzaine,

First of all, thank you providing a great open source *meshing tool* for
researchers around the world.  I am trying to merge two .msh files in gmsh
but when i do it my physical groups also gets merge which I don't want it
to be. Can I somehow tell gmsh not to do this.

I searched on forum and internet but am unable to get anything out from
there. I therefore am attaching the 2 simple .msh files that I want to
merge.

I would be really obliged to you if u could help me with this problem.

Regrads
Sumeet
--

Sumeet Kumar Sinha