[Gmsh] Changing the angle threshold for recombining to degenerate quadrangles

jan . janneggers at outlook.com
Wed Jul 15 11:37:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

My question is about this section of the GMSH manual:
Recombine Surface { expression-list } | "*" < = expression >;
Recombines the triangular meshes of the surfaces listed in expression-list into mixed triangular/quadrangular meshes. The optional expression on the right hand side specifies the maximum difference (in degrees) allowed between the largest angle of a quadrangle and a right angle (a value of 0 would only accept quadrangles with right angles; a value of 90 would allow degenerate quadrangles; default value is 45).

I want to specify the angle which is discussed in this section, but I can’t get it to work. Namely, whatever I do the results is the same, which seems to correspond with the 45 degree default.

is the following syntax correct?
Recombine Surface {1} = 90;
to allow degenerate quads?

Greetings Jan