[Gmsh] building 3D mesh from 2D surfaces

RENARD Francois francois.renard at cea.fr
Fri Jul 24 15:43:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to build a 3D mesh from two separate 2D surfaces but without
success.

I've tryed the very simple joined geometry, with two plane surfaces
joined by lines, but the 3D mesh result is awful, with lot of warnings :

Warning : Could not orient normal of surface 10
Warning : Could not orient normal of surface 12
Warning : Could not orient normal of surface 13

(see gmsh3d.log)

I don't understand what can be wrong and would be interested in having
some help to resolve this problem.

The goal is to deal with more complex (no plane) surfaces...

Thank you,

François