[Gmsh] Gmsh boundary elements are displayed with repeated physical IDs and seems duplicated

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 14 15:31:54 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

I am struggling with an issue with is driving me crazy.

Try to load the initial.msh and display the boundary physical ID. All the triangles on the cube boundary have physical ID equal to 7. If you hide the boundary faces with physical ID 7, you obtain exactly the same triangles but with value 6 now. And so on until 2.

So it seems that every triangle which form the boundary is duplicated 6 time (physical ID from 2 to 7) but from the file I don't see any duplicated triangle. What is going wrong? Am I doing something very stupid stupid?

The correct output should be a cube with physical boundary ID different from face to face and between 2 and 7.

Thank you very much for your help,
Cheers,
Marco